Thursday, April 1, 2010

Taking it slow

Let's be honest, when you're starting out couponing can be pretty overwhelming. We all want to save that 70% on our grocery bill RIGHT NOW. can I share a secret with you, the ladies saving 70% have probably been doing this for at least 6 months. I think it's really important in the beginning to focus on one or two stores, for example Target and CVS, with an occasional trip to Walmart. Once you've gotten the hang of CVS then try Rite aid, and finally Walgreens. So even though, you're going to see me list deals for all kinds of stores, don't feel like you have to get them all.
Which leads to the second thing I wanted to share with you. This has been a struggle for me to learn as well. Here's the thing just because there tons of good deals in a certain week, it doesn't mean you have to get them all. In my experience, the deals come in cycles and that awesome deal on cereal, WILL come around again, probably next week on a different cereal. I personally have gone over our grocery budget too many times to count, and it's taken me a long time to learn that just because something is good deal, doesn't mean that it works for your family's budget right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment